Options

Rapid Miner freezes after running any process

svensven Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,
I'm completely new to Rapid Miner and can't quite get it to work. After running any process the program doesn't crash, but freezes to some extend. I can still change tabs and open menus, but can't drag and drop, can't select from the boxes, can't right click, change values etc. That means I cannot really do anything, but the program is still running. Furtermore I don't get any results displayed.

The processes I try are the most basic ones immaginable, such as importing a ridiculously small csv or generate a random data set with 100 examples.

I'm using RapidMiner 5.1.011 (x64) and reinstalled different versions and Java without any success.

Any idea what it could be? Do you need more information/specs?

Answers

• Options
    Btw same happens with the samples. Even the most basic ones are just running and never finishing (time in the bottom left incrementing). Already retrieving the data is enough..
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

this sounds indeed strange. Please try starting RapidMiner via command line (navigate to the scripts folder in the RapidMiner directory and execute RapidMinerGUI.bat or RapidMinerGUI depending on your OS) and see if there are any errors popping up, and if so, please post them here for further assistance.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    RAPIDMINER_HOME is not set. Trying the directory 'C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\scripts\..'...
    Using local jre: C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\scripts\..\jre\bin\java.exe...
    Starting RapidMiner from 'C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\scripts\..' using classes from 'C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\scripts\..\lib\rapidminer.jar'...
    initGui(MainFrame mainFrame)

Does this help?
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

hm I'm not sure. Just to make sure that's not the reason: Try launching RapidMiner with admin privileges and see if it's still freezing and please report back.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Deleting the folder ".RapidMiner5" in Users did the trick. I don't know though whether it was a plugin that caused the weired behaviour or rather some strange setting from an older installation.