"Connections.XML and /etc folder in RapidMiner5.1.11 (SOLVED)"

leiterenatoleiterenato Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,

When I execute RapidMiner from terminal, it starts OK, but I get the following messages:

Sep 21, 2011 10:05:35 PM com.rapidminer.tools.jdbc.JDBCProperties <init>
WARNING: Missing database driver class name for 'ODBC Bridge (e.g. Access)'
Sep 21, 2011 10:05:35 PM com.rapidminer.tools.jdbc.JDBCProperties registerDrivers
INFO: JDBC driver ca.ingres.jdbc.IngresDriver not found. Probably the driver is not installed.
Sep 21, 2011 10:05:35 PM com.rapidminer.tools.jdbc.JDBCProperties registerDrivers
INFO: JDBC driver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver not found. Probably the driver is not installed.
[Fatal Error] connections.xml:1:1: Premature end of file.
Sep 21, 2011 10:05:35 PM com.rapidminer.tools.jdbc.connection.DatabaseConnectionService init
WARNING: Failed to read database connections file: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:249)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:208)
at com.rapidminer.io.process.XMLTools.parse(XMLTools.java:179)
at com.rapidminer.tools.jdbc.connection.DatabaseConnectionService.init(DatabaseConnectionService.java:92)
at com.rapidminer.RapidMiner.init(RapidMiner.java:474)
at com.rapidminer.gui.RapidMinerGUI.run(RapidMinerGUI.java:221)
at com.rapidminer.gui.RapidMinerGUI.launch(RapidMinerGUI.java:505)
at com.rapidminer.gui.RapidMinerGUI.main(RapidMinerGUI.java:488)

It seems that I have a problem with connections.xml file!
The file ~/.RapidMiner5/connections.xml exists, but it is empty. Is that right?

==> YES, that's right when you don't create a connection to any database in (Tools ==> Manage Database Connections)!

I tried to run rapid miner.jar as superuser, normal user and tried to do a chmod 777 -R on the folder.

Another thing that I realize is that I don`t have a /etc folder in my rapidminer-5.1.011.zip file.
Is that normal?

==> YES.

Thanks a lot!
Renato Leite
Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I agree it's a bit confusing to see this warning message if no db connections are present, this will be fixed in a future release.

Regards,
    Marco
  • jinxingjinxing Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    I have the same errors,
    [Fatal Error] connections.xml:1:1: Premature end of file.
    what should I do to slove this kind of problem
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

there is (or better was) no problem. The confusing message should be gone in the latest RapidMiner release.

Regards,
    Marco