Options

"Information Extraction Plugin samples"

vbulcan99vbulcan99 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,

I am trying to access the examples from "Information Extraction Plugin" without success

On Page 15 from the documentation you can see the Instructions :

"The Information Extraction Plugin contains a folder storing a number of samples
which present the usage of the Information Extraction Plugin. To use
the samples just create a new Repository in RapidMiner referencing the folder
./<Information Extraction Plugin>/samples/. You can access the processes
stored in the samples-folder via the newly created Repository now.
"

but when I try to create new repository with Root directory:  "./<Information Extraction Plugin>/samples/" the system is saying:

Oct 6, 2011 12:36:14 PM WARNING: Failed to create repository directory: com.rapidminer.repository.RepositoryException: Cannot create repository folder at '.\<Information Extraction Plugin>\samples'.
Oct 6, 2011 12:36:14 PM CONFIG: Adding repository NewLocalRepository
Oct 6, 2011 12:36:14 PM WARNING: Error storing repository entry properties to .\<Information Extraction Plugin>\samples\NewLocalRepository.properties: java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\<Information Extraction Plugin>\samples\NewLocalRepository.properties (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

Could you help me to solve this problem please

Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    jcurry1jcurry1 Member Posts: 24 Contributor II
    Hi
    I just had the same issue.  You need to download the samples seperately.  They are not in the plug jar.  You can get them at https://ieplugin4rm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ieplugin4rm/informationextractionplugin_Vega/trunk/informationExtraction_Vega/samples/

I just downloaded them individually into a folder called samples and then created a repository to point towards that.  (It is important to name them as given: ".rmp" or ".properties" as oppposed to just ".xml".)  You can probably check out the whole folder in sourceforge but I am not familiar with sourceforge so I just did it this simple way.

They work ok now.  There is a problem with the visualiser node in there though I think that is entirely a seperate issue.  So I raised another post on this:
    http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,6042.0.html
    John.
  • Options
    yakitoyakito Member Posts: 22 Contributor II
    Was anyone able to use this plugin to extract entities from a given text? I am totally lost with it, if someone can hint me on an example process that will extract entities from text I will deeply appreciate it.

Also, regarding the visualizer I am also experiencing the same issue, was anyone able to find a workaround?
    Thanks in advance