Options

Select Attributes by Role, eg. drop all special attributes.

dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to filter attributes by Role? For example I would like to select all non-special attributes. Basically all attributes whose role is regular. This will be useful for writing CSV files without the special attributes. I would use write special to do accomplish the same thing (only writing the regular attributes) but write special has no potion to output an attribute name header.

Adding a Role attribute filter type in Select Attributes would be a great feature.  ;D

-Gagi

Answers

• Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

unfortunately it is not possible to automaticly select all non-special attributes. But you can use a workaround by using the "Select Attributes" operator.
    Use the option subset and select all special attributes. Finally check invert selection and include special attributes. This way you get only non-special attributes.

Greetings,
    Nils
  • Options
    dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    We'll that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. If I have 30-40 special attributes with different names it makes no sense (takes too long) to manually select them all.  :-[

There really should be a selection option based on role. Also Write CSV should have an option to include or exclude writing of special attributes. Likewise write special should have the same option, and an option to include the attribute name header.

;D

-Gagi