Options

attribute generation with YAGGA2

danjeharrydanjeharry Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hey all,

I'm trying to run YAGGA2 to do an evolutionary generation of attributes. I'm getting a bunch of warnings though which are "cannot generate test attribute" gensymXXX where XXX is some number. Does anyone know why this occurs or what's causing this?

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

do you have "division" activated in the generation settings, or other functions with domain restrictions like logarithm? Then these warnings are probably triggered by some division by zero errors or similar. If some attributes are generated despite the warnings, that should be nothing to worry about.

Cheers, Marius
  • Options
    danjeharrydanjeharry Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
    Thanks for the reply. I had 2 additional questions on YAGGA and YAGGA 2. Firstly, when I used YAGGA to generate attributes, I got a NAN generated for the operator "-", which really surprises me as all my attributes are numeric/integers and I don't think there's anyway any of them could be beyond the double size limit. Any way to debug/figure out what is causing this? YAGGA appears to work if i deselect the "-" operator (in addition to division and reciprocal).

Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, YAGGA2, with the same parameters (no "-", division, or reciprocal selected, only plus and multiplication), starting from gensym attribute 99, I get cannot find gensym attribute 99, cannot generate test attribute. I get this for hundreds of lines in the log for the next X attributes it tries to generate and it causes my computer to basically freeze and crash. Is there a limit on the # of gensym attributes I can create? I never put in a attribute limit in the operator.