Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Sentiment Analysis using Excel-Spreadsheet

TextMiner123TextMiner123 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited July 2019 in Help
Hi Guys,

Hopefully you can give me some hints, as I dont know how to go on.
I have an Excel-Spreadsheet with Training Data containing two columns-One with the message, the other is the sentiment value (Positive or Negative).
For the training data, I used the process "Read Excel"--> " Data to Documents"--> "Process Documents"--> "Process Documents from Files"-->"W-J48".
I labeled the row "Sentiment value" on "Read Excel". But I always get the message "Input Example Set does not have a label attribute". I have no labels and directories in "Process Documents from Files". (as I have no single text files in directories). Therefore I build TextObjects on "Process Documents".
I have only a single Excel-Spreadsheet with thousands of messages including a column with the value "Positive" or "Negative" for each message. I want to apply machine learning. Any hints are welcome how to solve my problem.

Thanks and nice regards,
Brick

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Brick,

do you know the video tutorial on the Rapid-I website? http://rapid-i.com/content/view/189/212/lang,en/ They offer a great possibility to get in touch with RapidMiner and DataMining.

For your specific problem concerning the label: Use the Set Role operator to define the column with negative/positive in it as label.

Best Regards,
    Marius