Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

[SOLVED] Decay Rate of Neural Network

tektek Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hey there,
quite simple question, for which I couldn't find an answer in any documentation or thread:

What is the decay rate of the learning rate if you activate the "decay" button on a neural network operator?

Thanks for the answer!

Answers

• Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

I'm afraid you are right. There is no documentation on how the decay influences the learning rate.
    I've just looked it up from the source code: In every learning iteration the learning rate is diveded by the number of learning iterations plus one. Thus it drops to 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc.. of the default learning rate.

Best,
    Nils 
  • tektek Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
    Thanks a lot!