Options

Displaying the Genetic Pool(s) while modelling

reports01reports01 Member Posts: 23 Maven
Hi,

How do I get the genetic pool(s) displayed, so I can view the development of the GA models while rapid is running?

cheers,

Jeroen

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi Jeroen,

you can add the operator "ProcessLog" inside of a genetic algorirhm (let's for example say for feature selection) like in this example:

<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
        <description text="This experiment is very similar to the previous experiment. Again, a cross validation building block is used as fitness evaluation. In this case, a genetic algortihm for feature selection is used. This experiment demonstrates two other features of the feature operators of RapidMiner: the stop button which allows the abort of the experiment if the user was already satisfied and the ProcessLog operator which allows online plotting of current fitness values. Please refer to the visualisation sample experiments and the RapidMiner operator reference for further details."/>
        <parameter key="random_seed" value="1976"/>
        <operator name="ExampleSetGenerator" class="ExampleSetGenerator">
            <parameter key="attributes_lower_bound" value="0.0"/>
            <parameter key="number_examples" value="200"/>
            <parameter key="number_of_attributes" value="4"/>
            <parameter key="target_function" value="sum"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="NoiseGenerator" class="NoiseGenerator">
            <parameter key="label_noise" value="0.0010"/>
            <list key="noise">
            </list>
            <parameter key="random_attributes" value="8"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="GeneticAlgorithm" class="GeneticAlgorithm" expanded="yes">
            <parameter key="maximum_number_of_generations" value="12"/>
            <parameter key="population_size" value="6"/>
            <parameter key="selection_scheme" value="Boltzmann"/>
            <parameter key="show_stop_dialog" value="true"/>
            <operator name="OperatorChain" class="OperatorChain" expanded="yes">
                <operator name="XValidation" class="XValidation" expanded="yes">
                    <parameter key="sampling_type" value="shuffled sampling"/>
                    <operator name="LinearRegression" class="LinearRegression">
                        <parameter key="feature_selection" value="none"/>
                    </operator>
                    <operator name="OperatorChain (2)" class="OperatorChain" expanded="yes">
                        <operator name="ModelApplier" class="ModelApplier">
                            <list key="application_parameters">
                            </list>
                        </operator>
                        <operator name="RegressionPerformance" class="RegressionPerformance">
                            <parameter key="main_criterion" value="root_relative_squared_error"/>
                            <parameter key="root_mean_squared_error" value="true"/>
                            <parameter key="root_relative_squared_error" value="true"/>
                        </operator>
                    </operator>
                </operator>
                <operator name="ProcessLog" class="ProcessLog">
                    <list key="log">
                      <parameter key="gen" value="operator.GeneticAlgorithm.value.generation"/>
                      <parameter key="perf" value="operator.GeneticAlgorithm.value.performance"/>
                      <parameter key="best" value="operator.GeneticAlgorithm.value.best"/>
                    </list>
                </operator>
            </operator>
        </operator>
    </operator>
    You can find this and a lot of other sample processes in the "sample" directory delivered together with RapidMiner.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Thanx... I will try that... I'll get back if I don't manage  ;D
  • Options
    Cheers... it is working...  ;D

My first rapid-i model  8)...  now, how do I implement it....
  • Options
    TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hi,

congratulations. Just a clarification, because I noted that you seem to confuse it: Rapid-I is the name of our company. The name of the software your working with is RapidMiner. ;)

Cheers,
    Tobias
  • Options
    My mistake...  :P  Rapidminer it is  ;)