Options

Bagging Boosting and Voting

anujsinghanujsingh Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi All I am new to the rapidminer 5 and I have a task at hand I have to learn the techniques bagging boosting and voting

can any one please tell me how to perform these operators what kind of input data is needed for these task

Please help as its kind of urgent

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

do you know the basic concepts of these techniques? You can read about them (and many many other algorithms) for example in the book The Elements of Statistical Learning by Tibshirani et.al. which gives a very good (but also detailed and probably challenging) introduction to machine learning.
    If you know how the algorithms are working, you can use them in RapidMiner with a process similar to the attached one. As input you can use any dataset with a label which is compatible to the inner learner. In the example I use a Decision Tree as base classifier and train a boosting model on some randomly generated data. To see or change the inner learner, just double click the Boosting operator to open its subprocess.

Best regards,
    Marius
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.1.014">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.1.014" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="477" width="706">
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_data" compatibility="5.1.014" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Data" width="90" x="112" y="30">
            <parameter key="target_function" value="simple non linear classification"/>
            <parameter key="number_examples" value="1000"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="bayesian_boosting" compatibility="5.1.014" expanded="true" height="76" name="Bayesian Boosting" width="90" x="246" y="30">
            <process expanded="true" height="477" width="706">
              <operator activated="true" class="decision_tree" compatibility="5.1.014" expanded="true" height="76" name="Decision Tree" width="90" x="112" y="30"/>
              <connect from_port="training set" to_op="Decision Tree" to_port="training set"/>
              <connect from_op="Decision Tree" from_port="model" to_port="model"/>
              <portSpacing port="source_training set" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="sink_model" spacing="0"/>
            </process>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Generate Data" from_port="output" to_op="Bayesian Boosting" to_port="training set"/>
          <connect from_op="Bayesian Boosting" from_port="model" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
  • Options
    anujsinghanujsingh Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I will refer to the books...yes I read about the these techniques
    Also as I am very new to the tool so I don't know where to submit the code because I am using
    the GUI facility.....like for any technique I simply add the operator on the Main process window
    for example......I first put the retrieve operator and then when I put the boosting operator it throws the error
    and asks for another operator (generate prediction operator).....
  • Options
    earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    Copy the program Marius wrote for you to a text editor. Save it as Program1.rmp or program1.xml. Then read it into RapidMiner using File/Import Process...

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    earmijo wrote:

Copy the program Marius wrote for you to a text editor. Save it as Program1.rmp or program1.xml. Then read it into RapidMiner using File/Import Process...

It's actually even easier, just click on the XML tab in the design perspective above your main process GUI, copy&paste the code and then click the green arrow and switch back to the Process tab. Voila :)

Regards,
    Marco