Options

The database driver could not be found. No advanced options available

michaelhechtmichaelhecht Member Posts: 89 Maven
edited August 2019 in Help
Hi,

I tried to add an INFORMIX driver which I use for long time successfully (e.g. with DBvisualizer and my own java applications).
I added this under "Manage Database Drivers" by selecting the jar file and so on. Afterwards I went to "Manage Database Connections ..."
and selected the Informix driver as well as added all necessary configurations. The resulting URL is correct:
jdbc:informix-sqli://128.35.3.12/stawdb:informixserver=stwdb_old
but testing the connection fails with the message:Β  "No suitable driver found for ..."
Clicking on "Advanced ..." results in an error message: "The Informix driver could not be found. No advanced options available".
Since I selected the driver by selecting the jar file, this message sounds slightly strange.

Can anyone give me a hint?

All drivers that were originally installed with RapidMiner seem to work appropriately.

I use RM 64bit under Windows 7 64 (I'm not sure wether the driver is 32bit or 64bit, but it might be 32bit).
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    It seems that I found the solution:
    I modified the .classpath file in the RM root directory by extending the lib-jdbc area with the new database drivers.
    Now it works even if I'm not sure whether this is the rhight way to do it or not.
  • Options
    :'( It is really exasperating but even if the driver is now accepted, it doesn't work.
    If I click on the "Test" button RM starts to test the connection but never finishes ?!?!

If would really like to try the Oracle driver which is predefined, but how to give RM the jar file since the
    configuration in the "Manage Database Drivers" is disabled and there is no Orcle drive installed with RM!

• Options
    OK, as proposed in the file jdbc_properties.xml I moved the Oracle section to my private jdbc_properties.xml.

Meanwhile I added three connections: MySQL, Informix, Oracle where all URLs are correct (like DBvisualizer, etc.)
    and all passwords and usernames are correct. Nevertheless, clicking on Test results in endless "Testing Database Connection".

Why?

Added:
    After about 5 minutes the MySQL-Test results in "Communications link failure. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago ..."
    After about 5 minutes the Informix-Test results in "com.informix.asf.IfxASFException: Attempt to connect to database server failed."
    After about 5 minutes the Oracle-Test results in "Io exception: Got minus one from a read call"

It seems that there is now connection going out of RM.
  • Options
    Since it is solved I started a new topic at

http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,4417.0.html