How to install image processing and other plugins?

DoloopDoloop Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I am new to rapidminer and I can't figure out to install the plugins for image processing, anomaly detection, etc.  All of the instructions for installation are quite sparse but they say that you are supposed to unzip the files and then place the de-compressed jar file in the plugins directory.  But, I do that, and rapidminer does not recognize the extension (after a restart - I would not expect it to recognize the file before a restart).  What am I doing wrong?

Also, one extension I found also has some processes for download.  How do I install those?  I've tried placing them in my rapidminer/lib directory and then using the import process menu item but I am met with errors (in RED) saying that the import failed. 

Obviously, "I just don't get it."  Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• marcin_blachnikmarcin_blachnik Member Posts: 61 Guru
    You can do that in that way, but you have to extract the jar files into the c:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\lib\plugins\ directory (or equivalent when using linux. ) If you want to put the extensions to your local home folder then you have to register them in extensions.xml
    But the easiest  way is by Help->update, but before you have to change a port number of the update server to 8180 - Tools -> preferences -> Update -> http://rapidupdate.de:8180/UpdateServer
  • DoloopDoloop Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
    Marcin, thanks for the response.  I am using a Mac OSX, 10.6.8 system.  I partially solved the problem for one of the image processing extensions that I found.  I changed the file name of one of the image processing extensions, rapidminer-Image Mining-5.0.000 to remove the space between "Image" and "Mining" in the filename.  Afterwards, that extension loaded.  However, two other image processing extensions that I found cause rapidminer to "hang" when it is loading - rapidminer-ImageMiner-1.3.1.jar and rmx_imageprocessing-ANY-1.3.1.jar.  I still do not know what the problem is for those two extensions.