Options

Variables in rapidminer processes [SOLVED]

kuehnkuehn Member Posts: 25 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi

We are starting to use rapidminer - it is an awesome framework. However, we came across a small issue:
We want to save temporary results without harddisk or database ressources in order to save calculation time.
We have large data volumes (minimum 30T data sets) and many subprocesses. We want to calculate average values (subtraction of two inputs) for each subprocess and a single overall average for the entire data set.

Is it possible to temporarily store the results in a loop-specific global variable (e.g. a list)?

Best wishes
Uwe

Answers

• Options
    StaryVenaStaryVena Member Posts: 126 Contributor II
    Hi,
    you can store sthi variables in one example set and use "Remember" and "Recall" operators to store it in RAM.

Best
    Vaclav
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Learner II
    Hi Uwe,

could you please post the XML of your process (at least a part of it) so that I can get a better understanding of which values you want to compute.
    kuehn wrote:

Hi

We are starting to use rapidminer - it is an awesome framework. However, we came across a small issue:
    We want to save temporary results without harddisk or database ressources in order to save calculation time.
    We have large data volumes (minimum 30T data sets) and many subprocesses. We want to calculate average values (subtraction of two inputs) for each subprocess and a single overall average for the entire data set.

Is it possible to temporarily store the results in a loop-specific global variable (e.g. a list)?

Best wishes
    Uwe
    Did I get you right, that you want to store the intermediate results within a separate file and add new results to that file after computing them?

Best,
    Edin
  • Options
    kuehnkuehn Member Posts: 25 Contributor II
    the solution posted by staryvena sounds useful.
    i will check if it is practicable in our case.

it works .. thanx a lot