The Altair Community and the RapidMiner community is on read-only mode until further notice. Technical support via cases will continue to work as is. For any urgent requests from Students/Faculty members, please submit the form linked here.
Options

NullPointerException in process with GSP

cjcj Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I'm using RapidMiner 5.1.014 and tried to create a process including Generalized Sequential Patterns. I'm using a very simple test source containing examples of the following form:
Customer (polynominal)Time (numeric)Item (polynominal)
customer11book
customer12laptop
customer13chips
customer21book
I retrieve the data, use the Nominal2Binominal operator on the column item and then feed this into the GSP operator. In the GSP operator, I set "customer id" to my attribute "Customer" and "time attribute" to my attribute "Time". When running this process, I get a message that my process failed and the log contains:

[tt]Jan 9, 2012 5:50:11 PM SEVERE: Here:          Process[1] (Process)
          subprocess 'Main Process'
            +- Retrieve[1] (Retrieve)
            +- Nominal to Binominal[1] (Nominal to Binominal)
      ==>  +- GSP[1] (Generalized Sequential Patterns)
Jan 9, 2012 5:50:11 PM SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException[/tt]

Did anyone run into similar problems and can provide a solution? I searched the forum and internet, but couldn't find any pointers for what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks a lot,
Conny

Answers

• Options
    YuaNWAYuaNWA Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Did you fill in your max, min gap and window?

I was facing the same problem and filled those fields in with 0. After which the nullpointerexception stopped and I managed to get some results.
  • Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

without a short process that can reproduce the bug as it is described here in our Read before posting post (http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,4654.0.html)
    it is hard to tell if the bug still exists in the most recent version 5.2.009.

Best,
    Nils