Options

The "lastversion" file problem when submitting multiple command line

dwkim78dwkim78 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm submitting multiple rapidminer processes (to a cluster pc) using command-line
in order to reduce the total CPU time.

The problem is, when I submit multiple command-line processes, some of them return error messages
during the RapidMiner.init() as:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:468)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:497)
at com.rapidminer.gui.tools.VersionNumber.<init>(VersionNumber.java:81)
at com.rapidminer.RapidMiner.performInitialSettings(RapidMiner.java:606)
at com.rapidminer.RapidMiner.init(RapidMiner.java:484)

I searched the forum, and it seems that the error is associated with the the 'lastversion' files in the ./RapidMiner5 folder.

I found that the every rapidminer process tries to update the file.
Could it be the problem that some of my processes do not work
since it cannot update the file while an another process is updating it?

If so, how can I avoid updating the "lastversion" file when executing RapidMiner.init()?

Thanks in advance,

FYI. I wrapped the rapidminer in my own java code and used ExecutionMode.COMMAND_LINE mode.
I confirmed that my code works without any problem when I submit a single rapidminer process
(even the process that returned the error works without problem if I submit only the process).

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

this is fixed in current svn and will be included in the next release. Until then, you should make sure that your processes are not started all at once, but with some delay between the start of different RapidMiner instances.

Best,
    Marius
  • Options
    dwkim78dwkim78 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll wait for the next release  :)

(Now I'm using 5.2.2)