Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Questions about attribute types

punstresspunstress Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
This is my first time using RapidMiner and I'm just learning data mining in general so some of the vocab is not clear.

I'm using a large database of direct mail info as my training set. My ultimate goal is to give each record a ranking and find a threshold that tells me they will or will not donate.

I started on this data set earlier today but I am starting over because I got a lot of errors when i tried running processes. More on that later.

Do I do the preparation of the data, stop, then start on the modeling? Because it seems to want to do everything together and that's a little scary.

I am still in the process of (re)importing the data, step 4 of the wizard. I'm actually on another computer so this is the first time it's seeing the data.

I'm un-checking most of the columns because I won't need them. I want to make sure i have the remaining columns set up correctly, because I didn't see an easy way to change individual columns from one type to another after the data was loaded. Please tell me if there's an EASY way.

I have a column that says whether they gave to the last mailing. I assumed this should be "label". Earlier an error said something like I must have a prediction column. Should this be my prediction column instead?

Any help is appreciated! I tried watching the videos but the music is too loud for me to hear what he's saying, with that accent.

Answers