Options

[solved] dependency in parameter fields

venkatesh20venkatesh20 Member Posts: 23 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,
I am developing a new optimization extension for rapid miner, I am running across a scenario like this.
I have a dropbox (ParameterTypeCategory), based on the values selected in this drop box, the values in the second drop box need to be filtered.
Is it possible?

So far I have only used type.registerDependencyCondition(new EqualTypeCondition(this, ......, availableOptimizationMethods, false, 0, 1, 2));
which helps to enable or disable a parameter based on the value of another parameter. But I just wondering if the choices in a drop box can be filtered or modified based on the value in the another parameter.

Any help would be very useful. Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I'm afraid this is not possible at the moment. You could of course implement functionality to achieve your goal, however it is probably much easier (or not, depending on the number of possible combinations) to create multiple drop boxes with the possible value combinations and show the appropriate one when the EqualTypeCondition is fulfilled.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    venkatesh20venkatesh20 Member Posts: 23 Maven
    Hi Marco,
    I created multiple drop boxes as you suggested already, but i felt there is not repetitive code and data. But I think I have already implemented using multiple drop boxes and implementing custom parameter type. Thanks for confirming that is the way to go..