Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"mapping text to standard tags"

araizenaraizen Member Posts: 1 Learner III
edited May 2019 in Help
I've started learning and playing around with RapidMiner. I have a data source with textual IDs, and I would like to map those IDs to standard 2-letter tags (they're country names) after I load the data into RapidMiner, so that I can easily join data from different sources. I came up with a solution using a huge long chain of AddNominalValue's and then another chain of AttributeValueMapper's. The problem is that I need one of each for each country name, so it's rather unwieldy and it dominates the file with bookkeeping operators. Is there another, easier way to do this, preferably with a single operator? Thanks.

Answers

• TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hello,

which version of RM do you use? Some time ago, we made the [tt]AttributeValueMapper[/tt] capable of handling multiple mappings. Maybe you are working with an old version? Otherwise please post a snippet of your mapping process part. Maybe we can compress it a little .. ;)

Regards,
    Tobias