Options

Jfreecharts in RM

venkatesh20venkatesh20 Member Posts: 23 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,
Is it possible to use Jfreecharts in rapidminer? is there any example usage for the same
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    What do you mean by using them? For examples you can have a look at the plotting implementation, both the old Plot view and the new Advanced Charts use JFreeChart under the hood.

Best, Marius
  • Options
    venkatesh20venkatesh20 Member Posts: 23 Maven
    Hello,
    I want to create a custom Jpanel which contains 4 scatter plots, I want to show this in real time as the learner is running. Any pointers on how to create such custom graphs? for real time updates of single scatter plot, i find there is already an example from evolutionary optimization. But I would like to create a custom Jpanel with 4 charts embedded in the same panel. Thanks in advance
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    First of all, real-time graphs in a separate window are against the RapidMiner design constraints - imagine you put your operator into a loop which runs a hundred times - you would end up with a hundred windows on screen. And what happens if your process runs on a headless machine? (the evolutionary optimization is just a remnant

Apart from that, you can use the JFreeChart panel just as any other java panel and use in it layouts etc. You could create 4 JFreeCharts and put them e.g. into a GridLayout with two rows and two columns.

Best, Marius