Options

"Weighted Exampleset"

siamak_wantsiamak_want Member Posts: 98 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi forum;

I have a question about weighted ExampleSets. I need to know how does RM deal with weighted examples. I mean if I have a weighted ExampleSet,  Would RM simply multiply the corresponding example by the related weight or it can handle this in the classification or clustering algorithms (for example in K-means, calculating centroids using weighted average instead of simple average).

Any Idea would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

not all operators are capable of handling weights, k-Means amongst them - it simply ignores the weight attribute.

Best,
    Marius
  • Options
    siamak_wantsiamak_want Member Posts: 98 Contributor II
    Hi Marius,

Thanks to your reply, how can I know if a classification/clustering operator is able to manage weighted exampleset. I mean, where can I have a list of such operators?

Thanks again.
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    In theory you could use the Edit->New Operator dialog, but it seems to be a bit outdated... so actually there is no means for the user to find out the operator capabilities.