Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

start-up problem

xiaobo_sxbxiaobo_sxb Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi, I have the problem today when I start Rapidminer GUI 5.2.006, there is a message on the bottom right corner "updating headers". I double click the message, it prompts another window shows pending tasks including:
Updating headers
Open file
Open file

I can't open any existing processes, if I tried to create a new one, then I got all the operators grayed and can't do nothing. I wait for 5 or 10 mins or even longer, the message may disappear and I can operate normally.

Can anybody help me on this issue?

Best Regards
Steven

Answers

• Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

can you what file RapidMiner tries to open? Try to delete the gui.properties file in your .RapidMiner5 folder (usually found at C:\Users\$USER\.RapidMiner5).  Does it help?

Best,
    Nils
  • xiaobo_sxbxiaobo_sxb Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
    It's interesting, everything goes well today. I wonder whether it will connect to something at start-up? It had slow connection that day and it's OK now.

I will try the solution you suggested next time if I meet the issue again.

Thank you.

Steven