Options

x validation in assoication rule

sshilbayehsshilbayeh Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
Kindly explain how to make x validation in applying association rule mining , something got wrong when I tried to apply this , can anybody please tell in in steps how to do it    ???
Thanks

Answers

• Options
    earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    X-Validation is typically used with supervised algorithms. Association Rules & Clustering are unsupervised. How would you want to use X-validation in this context?
  • Options

But notice the following lecture where the lecturer mentioned the using cross validation in creating association rule :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjqNUfXPuIM
  • Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Did you watch the video? No X-Validation in the one you posted!
  • Options
    Yes I did , the instructor said , this time I will not go for x validation becuase I covered it many times , which means it could be done with the assoication rule but he will not go into its detail  ??? ???
  • Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi,

Sorry, that's rubbish..

What you said was
    But notice the following lecture where the lecturer mentioned the using cross validation in creating association rule :
    What actually happened was..

He said he would not mention it, and he did not mention it in the subsequent offering. You understood that to mean..
    which means it could be done with the assoication rule but he will not go into its detail

Why?