Options

Please Help about OLAP in rapid miner

blue534blue534 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
hi. I want to do the OLAP with RapidMiner. i have daha in a excel file. and i want to do an OLAP example in rapid miner. how can i find OLAP operators in rapidminer and and how can i do it. please tell me.. thanks.

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    There are no dedicated OLAP operators in RapidMiner, but you can basically do everything you like with your data. You may probably find the Filter Examples and Aggregate operators useful. If you supply more information on what you want to do, we can give you more detailed information.

Regards, Marius
  • Options
    hi, marius thanks for your answer. i want to tell you what i want to do. i have an excel file. there are three columns in this file. 1 column is about the city location names of an company, other coloumn is about the selling amounts of the product. and other column is about the dates of these sellings. and i want to analyse these details in OLAP. for example, selling amounts for locations or most less selling dates in dates, etc.. can you tell me please how can i do it? and also i need to show with graphics too. thank you much...
  • Options
    Hi,

below I provided an example process which displays the product sellings by storeId, and the product sellings per date, sorted by sellings.

The most important operator here is Aggregate. Here you can define one or more grouping attributes, e.g. the storeId, or in your case the country, and aggregation functions, e.g. sum(amount), which means that for each store the product sellings are summed up.

Hope this helps!
    Best, Marius
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.2.006">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.2.006" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="670" width="727">
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_sales_data" compatibility="5.2.006" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Sales Data" width="90" x="45" y="30"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="select_attributes" compatibility="5.2.006" expanded="true" height="76" name="Select Attributes" width="90" x="179" y="30">
            <parameter key="attribute_filter_type" value="subset"/>
            <parameter key="attributes" value="|amount|store_id|date"/>
            <parameter key="include_special_attributes" value="true"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="multiply" compatibility="5.2.006" expanded="true" height="112" name="Multiply" width="90" x="313" y="30"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="aggregate" compatibility="5.2.006" expanded="true" height="76" name="Aggregate (2)" width="90" x="447" y="210">
            <list key="aggregation_attributes">
              <parameter key="amount" value="sum"/>
            </list>
            <parameter key="group_by_attributes" value="|date"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="sort" compatibility="5.2.006" expanded="true" height="76" name="Sort" width="90" x="581" y="210">
            <parameter key="attribute_name" value="sum(amount)"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="aggregate" compatibility="5.2.006" expanded="true" height="76" name="Aggregate" width="90" x="447" y="75">
            <list key="aggregation_attributes">
              <parameter key="amount" value="sum"/>
            </list>
            <parameter key="group_by_attributes" value="|store_id"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Generate Sales Data" from_port="output" to_op="Select Attributes" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Select Attributes" from_port="example set output" to_op="Multiply" to_port="input"/>
          <connect from_op="Multiply" from_port="output 1" to_port="result 1"/>
          <connect from_op="Multiply" from_port="output 2" to_op="Aggregate" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Multiply" from_port="output 3" to_op="Aggregate (2)" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Aggregate (2)" from_port="example set output" to_op="Sort" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Sort" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 3"/>
          <connect from_op="Aggregate" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 2"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 4" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
  • Options
    hi Marius
    thanks for help. but i have no idea about codes. can i do this example in rapidminer by clicking icons ? sory for my english
  • Options
    Hi, please read this post for instructions on how to use my xml code: http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,4654.0.html
  • Options
    dear marius, i did it but after that i cant find how to import them from excel. i think i need a book about this programme. is there any book? its very nice programme but i dont understand why it is so complicated....
  • Options
    In the link provided in my signature you find links to video tutorials. A book is planned, please find the details at http://rapidminerbook.com/ .