Options

[Solved] Error in Generate Attributes operator

qwertzqwertz Member Posts: 130 Contributor II
edited December 2019 in Help
Dear community,

When using function "param()" of the type "process" in "generate attributes" operator I receive an error:
"unrecocnized symbol "param" encountered"

I also tried the example given in the parameter's help: "param("Read Excel", "file") --> same error

Does anyone encountered the same problem?

Cheers
Sachs

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Sachs,

just be a bit more courageous on hitting the play button, even if RapidMiner complains :) This is only a bug in the function editor, but if you run the process, it will work.
    I created a bug for this, where you can track the progress on this issue: http://bugs.rapid-i.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1192

Best, Marius
  • Options
    qwertzqwertz Member Posts: 130 Contributor II
    Hi Marius,

thanks for sharing that information. It inspired me to fool around a little and after quite a long time I found out that

- param() function is case sensitive (e.g. param("Generate Data", "datamanagement"))
    - parameters consisting of two words need to be written together with underscore (e.g. param("Windowing", "label_attribute"))

Hope this helps a little.

Regards
    Sachs
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Yeah, basically everything in RapidMiner is case sensitive: macro names, attribute names, and also operator names.
    The underscore thingy is admittedly a bit tricky if you don't know about it. The cause for that is that internally parameter names can't contain spaces and use underscores instead. On screen they are replaced with whitespace for readabilty.