Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"RM gui does not work with Java 6 Update 10"

UsernameUsername Member Posts: 39 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,

Rapid Miner does not work properly with the latest Java version (Java 6 Update 10), The parameter panel is broken with operators that have certain paramter types (my guess). I can see hundreds of lines of the following:

I have this problem e.g. with the ProcessLog operator and many other operators. There's no problem with Java 6 Update 7.
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    "OS independent they said, they did not say: Version indepenent"
    Same error here, if I update to the newest version.
    But there is a simple solution: Use Update 7 until we have fixed this. We're working on it. But I don't know whats going on there and why this fails now.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • UsernameUsername Member Posts: 39 Maven
    I just wanted to point out this problem. For my processes I'm still using U7.  ;)

Maybe the Swing threading violations in RM are the reason for this problem.
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the bug has been fixed and is available in the current CVS versions.
    By the way: It hasn't been the thread violations, instead the java people have changed some underlying code, causing a method call loop "a calls b, b calls a". That's why the stack did overflow.

Greetings,
      Sebastian