Options

Dynamic Report Names

spoortispoorti Member Posts: 24 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I have a process that uses 'Read Database' ,  'Generate Report' and 'Report' operators.
I create pdf file with plots using these operators.I use RapidAnalytics for scheduling this process.
I want to schedule this process daily or hourly.

For the sake of clarity lets say I want to generate daily reports.
I want the pdf files to be stored with the name report_<date>.pdf
If the scheduler executed this process from 10/5 to 10/10  and I checked the directory on 10/11 , I want to see following files

report_10_05_12
report_10_06_12
report_10_07_12
report_10_08_12
report_10_09_12
report_10_10_12

What is the best way to do this ?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

inside your process you can use Generate Macros to create a macro containing the current date, and then use it as part of the filename in Generate Report. Please see the process below.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.2.009">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.2.009" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="428" width="924">
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_macro" compatibility="5.2.009" expanded="true" height="76" name="Generate Macro" width="90" x="45" y="75">
            <list key="function_descriptions">
              <parameter key="filename" value="date_str_custom(date_now(), &quot;yyyy_MM_dd&quot;)"/>
            </list>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" breakpoints="after" class="print_to_console" compatibility="5.2.009" expanded="true" height="76" name="Print to Console" width="90" x="179" y="75">
            <parameter key="log_value" value="Macro value: &quot;%{filename}&quot;"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="reporting:generate_report" compatibility="5.2.001" expanded="true" height="76" name="Generate Report" width="90" x="380" y="75">
            <parameter key="pdf_output_file" value="%{filename}"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Generate Macro" from_port="through 1" to_op="Print to Console" to_port="through 1"/>
          <connect from_op="Print to Console" from_port="through 1" to_op="Generate Report" to_port="through 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>