Options

Select attributes subset doesn't showing attributes

mariozupanmariozupan Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
It won't shows attributes for selecting in subset, after Rapidminer crashed. On other machine 64bit version works fine. I tried to uninstalled and installed without restarting, but the problem didn't solved.

Answers

• Options
    AjAj Member Posts: 23 Contributor II
    Try putting a break point before execution of the that select attributes elements. Then, different variables will show up at that break point, and you can select the subset of attributes. You can save it and remove the breakpoint.
  • Options
    Ok, but why I cannot see variables in select attribute operator? On other machine (64bit version) it is not a problem. Do you see all your variables in that specific operator and what version ofย  RapidMiner you use?
  • Options
    AjAj Member Posts: 23 Contributor II
    I do not know why select attributes element does not show attributes in some cases - it usually happens if that element is deep inside the program flow. Following is the procedure for attributes to appear in select attributes elements, if such a thing happens

1) Put a break point by right clicking on the select attributes element, such that the program stops before execute that element
    2) Run the program
    3) Program will stop at the break point and show you the attributes that you can select. Select attributes you want to, save the program and start it again.
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

if you are sure that the attributes are present in your data, you can also enter them manually in the select subset dialog. Just enter type them into the right edit field and press the green plus "+" right of it.

Best,
    Marius
  • Options
    Reinstall and atributes are here. Thank you on your help.
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Reinstallation is the sledge hammer of the computer age. Happy that you got your process running!