Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Wrong TFIDF Values

smartosmarto Member Posts: 1 Learner III
Hey Rapid community. I discovered something with the TFIDF, that I don't understand. Wether I use "Generate TFIDF" or "Process Documents" with this option, it seems like the most frequent words are delivered without any value at all.

I analyzed 10 documents, a couple of different sets, a couple of different setups, but i discover the same problem over and over.

These are screenshots from RM and MySQL. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    it seems like the most frequent words are delivered without any value at all.
    Yes, that's the definition of TF-IDF: it applies a penalty on words which appear in only very few or almost all documents. Imagine a word which appears in all documents: it contains no information at all.

For the exact definition of TF-IDF you could start with the wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tf%E2%80%93idf

Best, Marius