The Altair Community and the RapidMiner community is on read-only mode until further notice. Technical support via cases will continue to work as is. For any urgent requests from Students/Faculty members, please submit the form linked here.
Options

[solved] Can not sort on a Similarity column

krish_rapidkrish_rapid Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello

I am using the operator Data to similarity to find out similarity in the texts present in my data.
Text data comes from an xcel file containing 920 rows and just the text column.
The parameters of the object being measure type which should be numerical and type of numerical measure as cosinesimilarity.
After running the process i want to sort on the similarity column but i do not get it.  >:(
Anyone knows possible reason or solution for this?

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

to process textual data you should have a look at the text processing extension - please find documentation on this topic in the post linked in my signature.

If you can't sort by a column after running a process, then probably the table contains more rows than specified in gui.max_sortable_rows in the properties. You can either increase that value, or sort the table directly in the process via the Sort operator. The latter option only works if you are dealing with Example Sets. In your case you will need on of the Data to Similarity Data and Similarity to Data operators.

Happy Mining!
    Marius