Options

"[SOLVED]Closing DB connection?"

yakitoyakito Member Posts: 22 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello,

After making some tests with my RM setup I am running into a "too many connection" on my DB. Is there any operator I can use to close the connection once the process has run?

Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Heya,

we have have fixed an issue like this some months ago, may I know which version of RapidMiner and which operators you are using?

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    Hello Marius,

Thanks for your reply. I am using v 5.2.008.

Operators:

Read Database
    Nominal to Text
    Set Role
    Process Documents
    Tokenize, Transform Case, Filter Stopwords, Stem
    Store Wordlist
    Validation
    Naive Bayes, Apply Model, Performance
    Store Model
    Free Memory

--

The error comes and goes, I see it often after running my process a few times. I also have to say that I am not 100% sure it is RapidMiner fault,maybe some other script is running multiple connections and by chance at the same time RM tries to connect and there are no more connections available.

I will keep investigating.
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    When you are not sure that RapidMiner is the cause, then please investigate the issue further. Most database servers offer the possibility to view the current connections. In MySQL for example, execute the following command (probably you must be the mysql root user):

SHOW PROCESSLIST
    If it seems that RapidMiner is the cause, please post the output of the command (or a relevant excerpt), and please also post your process setup as described in the post linked from my signature.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    OK, thanks.
    I will mark this as solved until I get more information about the issue and if the multiple open connections issue is caused by RapidMiner I reopen it so we can investigate further.