Options

"Write a Numeric Matrix to CSV"

jovertonjoverton Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
In a RapidMiner process, I am creating a numeric correlation matrix that I would like to write to a file.  I can't write to an Excel file because the matrix is 2500 X 2500.  I'm trying to use the "Write CSV" operator but the operator gives me an error saying that the input is of the wrong type.

How do I write this matrix to a CSV file?

Thank you
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    That is currently not possible with RapidMiner operators, but I will create an internal issue requesting to implement storing the correlation matrix.

As a workaround, you can view the matrix in the results view, select all of its entries with Ctrl-A, then press Ctrl-C to copy the entries and paste them into a text editor. That should create a tab-separated file. I am not sure, however, if that works with such a large dataset.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    jovertonjoverton Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Marius,

Thank you for the response.

Is there any way to convert the numeric correlation matrix to a pairwise table?  If I could do that, then I could write the pairwise table to Excel.

Jerry
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    No, it is currently not at all possible to do anything with the matrix than viewing it. We'll have to implement a Matrix to Data operator for that - it is on our list, but admittedly with a rather low priority.

Best regards,
    Marius