πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰. RAPIDMINER 9.8 IS OUT!!! πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰

RapidMiner 9.8 continues to innovate in data science collaboration, connectivity and governance

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

KMedoids Algorithm

IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,750  RM Founder
edited December 2019 in Help
Original message from SourceForge forum at http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2043279&;forum_id=390413

Hello
I would like to know what kind of KMedoids Algorithm using in RapidMiner?
Is it PAM? CLARA? or other?

thanksΒ 

Ann

Answer by Anonymous:

I am not programmer but I think It is PAM (Partitioning Around Medoids) 'cause it's another name for same thing. That's a pity there isn't any CLARA and CLARANS. Strange is that I can't see any computing of medians in PAM. But robusteness is about that you change computing from mean (k-means) to median and outliers can't change location of center in cluster as rapidly as in k-means.
Tagged:

Answers

• hana1hana1 Member Posts: 6 Contributor II

Hello,

does somebody know if this is correct. Is it the PAM Algorithm used for K-medoid also in version 7.5 ?

thanks

• User25198User25198 Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    No, it is not the well-known PAM algorithm. Its an inferior algorithm. It also appears to be restricted to coordinate data.