Options

Trouble with password since the upgrade

Stephen_TaggStephen_Tagg Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
I saw there was an upgrade so I tried to install early this week. It didn't seem to work, perhaps because I'd selected not only the rapidminer upgrade but all the packages that were suggested within the programme. when I asked, from withiin the software just to upgrade the main package it succeeded. However to upgrade the packages are now need to logon to the marketplace. Unfortunately this didn't work with my forum user name and password so I attempted to create a new one. This hasn't happened properlyl I've had several automatic emails this morning. I've had confirmation codes not recognised several times, and passwords not recognised. my username is stephent...

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Stephen,

if I understand you correctly, the upgrade process succeeded to install the new version of RapidMiner. You can check that by opening RapidMiner and go the the Help menu -> About RapidMiner. There it should state RapidMiner Version 5.3.000.

If that is the case, you now have the new Update/Marketplace dialog. You can use that dialog without any login information to upgrade RapidMiner, or update/install Extensions. Only for the last two tabs, "Purchased" and "Bookmarks", you need to login to the Rapid-I Marketplace. These tabs, however, are only needed if you installed a commercial extension, which probably is not the case for you.

Anyway, if you want to use that service, you have to register at http://marketplace.rapid-i.com . That login is unrelated to your forum account, which is, admittedly, a bit confusing.

About the confirmation codes, where did you try to create your account, and where does the link point to? Can you please post the link, but *be sure to remove everything behind the question mark* before posting for security reasons.

Best regards,
    Marius