Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"[SOLVED]R extension works, but wrong R version"

nandadoreanandadorea Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
I am running RapidMiner 5.3, and I got the R extension to work. However, it keeps running in R 2.15.0, even though I have new versions.

I have the following environment variables:

CLASS_PATH: C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\jre\bin
JAVA_HOME:C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\jre\bin
PATH:C:\Users\me\Documents\R\R-2.15.2\bin\x64;C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\jre\bin
R_HOME:C:\Users\me\Documents\R\R-2.15.2
R_LIBS:C:\Users\me\Documents\R\R-2.15.2\library

and the following for rapidminer.r.native lib:
C:\Users\me\Documents\R\R-2.15.2\library\rJava\jri\x64\jri.dll

despite that, when I try to run an R script, it gives me the following:
Failed with error:  'This is R 2.15.0, package 'Rcpp' needs >= 2.15.1'

any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?
Tagged:

Answers

• venkateshvenkatesh Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
    please open a command prompt , type the following commands and post the results

R --version

echo %Path%

echo %PATH%
  • nandadoreanandadorea Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    Even without my posting it back I think you solved my problem. My institution does not allow me to have administrator privileges, so I changed my "USER" environment variables, and I thought that would do the trick. When I typed what you suggested on the command prompt, it tells me that the R version is 2.15.0, and I can see that it's fetching the PATH as BOTH my environment variables and the system ones, rather than just the user set PATH.

I will call our IT support.

Thanks for the help, and I apologize for taking your time with this issue that is actually on my end....