Options

slow screen refreshment

gutompfgutompf Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I have following problem and it is happening to me only with RapidMiner (wonderful product of course). When I run some computations overnight and I want to look at the results in the morning refreshing of various views in RapidMiner is VERY slow, almost impossible (when I switch e.g. between view with results and view with model). I have Windows 7 64 and very good computer (i7, 32Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX....). No other program do this, I can work with other programs when this happen without problems. I think it must be some setting, I would be very grateful for any help.
Milan

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

sounds like RapidMiner ran out of memory while trying to execute your process. What does the System Monitor (View -> Show View -> System Monitor) show as the Max: value?

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    gutompfgutompf Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
    Hi Marco. Thanks for the answer, but I do not think it is problem with small memory, because this effect appears only if my computer fall asleep early in the morning before I come to work. If I run similar process during working time and I do not let him to sleep he works OK. No problem with screen refreshment. Maybe you say that I should just set system for not to sleep after he finished some hard work only because I am sleeping, but other programs do not have problems to wake up. I think, there must be some help also for RapidMiner....
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

well the information that your problem only appeared when exiting sleep mode (is it Sleep or Hibernate?) was not contained in your first post ;)
    Still I'd love to see the System Monitor values after your PC woke up again and RapidMiner is slow to react. One important thing about finding out the cause for problems is never to exclude something prematurely from your analysis based on your opinion, especially if said bit can be easily checked (and maybe then excluded :) )

Regards,
    Marco