Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Rapid Miner slow (failing ?) to load data

nicolas_richardnicolas_richard Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi everyone,

I'm clustering Facebook data using K-means and the cosine similarity measure.

I have about 600 hundreds attributes for about 300 persons. My CSV file is 410ko.
It appears that Rapid Miner fail to load the data and I don't understand why.

Here is what hapenned : I launched the process, but after 1h running (I did my laundry in case you wonder  ;) ) I decided to stop it. I had a look at the log and here is what I found :
Mar 14, 2013 5:00:46 PM INFO: Process //NewLocalRepository/with-profile-info starts
Mar 14, 2013 5:00:46 PM INFO: Loading initial data.
Mar 14, 2013 6:03:51 PM INFO: Process stopped. Completing current operator.
I believe this means that the clustering didn't even start. Am I wrong ?

Do you have any idea, on what I should to about that ?

Thanks a lot.
Nicolas.

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering
    Hi,

can you try the CSV Import wizard (File -> Import Data -> Import CSV File)? Does it work that way?

Regards,
    Marco
  • nicolas_richardnicolas_richard Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Hello Marco,

Thanks for your answer, this is actually what I'm already doing.

[edit] I just gave it one more try, (on saturday morning... ;D) and it's working now. I believe the error may had nothing to do with Rapid Miner, it seems that a simple reboot may have solved it :s. So I apologize for the useless topic).

Nicolas