Options

Rapid-I Copyrights

samer123samer123 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Dear all,

I would like to use Rapid-I with my Data Mining library. Can you please point me to documentation about the licensing and copyrights of Rapid-I before I start using functionality from Rapid-I. For example, what are the guidelines for using Rapid-I in a commercial environment where I call the library directly in my commercial library?

Thank you and best wishes,
Samer
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Samer,

the RapidMiner Community Edition (the one that is downloadable for free from our website) is released under the AGPL license: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html.
    When you use the rapidminer library from your own library, your library must either also be licensed under the AGPL, or you should get in contact with us to discuss the possibilities of an OEM license of RapidMiner.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    Dear Marius,

My library is a commercial one. Please kindly explain the steps for a partner role with Rapid-I. Also, I really love your picture. You are looking absolutely wonderful ;-)

Cheers,
    Samer

PS. Nice to see you everybody in Rapid-I :-)
  • Options
    Hey,

thanks for the compliments :)
    For further discussion of a partnership and/or OEM licenses I would kindly ask you to contact us via mail. You can find all relevant contact information on our website. That way we can discuss everything in detail an in private.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    I can not resist but asking:

what happens in Rapid-I hires me? who owns what? my library is cutting edge technology in streaming data although only about 13 algorithms ;-) whereas Rapid-I is a darling ;-)

Thanks so much,
    Samer
  • Options
    Well, as I said, any questions related to these kind of things are best discussed with via mail or a personal phone call. Just contact us via the link I provided in my post above.

Best regards,
    Marius