Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"Enrich data webservice"

RadimVRadimV Member Posts: 1 Learner III
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,
I am trying to use the webservice component, everything works, but I don't know to manage a his case :
I read a text file and for each record / line I generate web request, the web service response retrieves to me a xml data, where one or more record can appear. It is similar to an invoice, I post invoice number and get list of items in the invoice.
Till now what I do and what I get :
input txt file :
date; some text; invoice number;
date; some text; invoice number;

i get the result:
date; some text; invoice number;item 1; but this invoice has 2 items
date; some text; invoice number;item 1; but this invoice has 4 items

i would like to get something like that :
invoice number 1;item 1;price
invoice number 1;item 2;price
invoice number 2;item 1;price
invoice number 2;item 2;price
invoice number 2;item 3;price
invoice number 2;item 4;price

Any idea how to solve it ?
thanks in advance. Radim

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Radim,

you could use Generate Id on your input data to create a unique identification for each record, then call the webservice, but get the complete XML, and process it further with Process Documents + Split Documents + Extract Information, splitting each xml/invoice into several documents, but always keeping the unique ID that you created in the first step. In the end, you will have:
    - the input example set with the unique id
    - a dataset with a line containing the unique id + item name and price

Then you can use the Join operator to combine both sets by id.

Best regards,
    Marius