Options

Spatial Data mining using Weka

macctenmaccten Member Posts: 28 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi All

I am currently undertaking a project which contains spatial attributes for geographic data mining.
Rapidminer doesn't seem to have native support for implementing spatial mining algorithms on data but i have read that one is able to import weka functions into rapidminer and work from that perspective
I have found a package that will implement spatial mining in Weka but was wondering if anyone could point me to a step by step tutorial on how to get the package into rapid miner?

Thank you for your time

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

for RapidMiner there is the Weka-Extension, which imports a fixed set of Weka-Operators. To my knowledge it is not easily possible to integrate further weka operators/functions into RapidMiner.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    PekkaPekka Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    FYI: RM + Weka extension already includes some pattern recognition algorithms that have previously been used environmental data mining, see e.g. M. Kanevski: Advanced Mapping of Environmental Data: Geostatistics, Machine Learning and Bayesian Maximum Entropy, which explains the general problems of spatial environmental data analysis, modeling, validation and visualization using SVMs, NNs, Gaussian processes and a few other algorithms  ;) Cheers Pekka