Options

[SOLVED] Execute SQL more queries

CharlieFirpoCharlieFirpo Member Posts: 48 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Dear all!

How can I execute more SQL queries with Execute SQL operator? If I edit query text and I use only one query, it works well. When I try to use two or more queries, I get an SQL syntay error message (Process Failed). The same queries work well when using MySQL Workbench. If I create a query file, the same problem occurs.
My queries:
UPDATE <table> SET <column1>='<value1>';
UPDATE <table> SET <column2>='<value2>';

If I use only the first (or only the second by itself), the query works. If I use two seperate Execute SQL operator, the queries work. Using in one, what the problem is?

Thank you trying to solve this!

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    This is a known problem. For your particular problem you may find the Update Database operator useful.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    RWingerterRWingerter Member Posts: 38 Contributor II
    As an alternative, you could use "Execute SQL" operator and its property "query file".

Roland
  • Options
    CharlieFirpoCharlieFirpo Member Posts: 48 Contributor II
    Thank you for your replies!!

1) Using a query file, the same problem occures.
    2) I have different WHERE conditions as well to my queries, so I think the Update Database operator is not good for me. At least I didn't find anything how to set conditions to modify an attribute with Update Database.

Now that I know it is a known problem, so not occures only in my case, I have the solution.
    So as I see, Execute SQL operator works well if there is only one query (and not two or more). So I tried to pack my queries in one using CASE WHEN... THEN... ELSE.
    And it worked!

Thank you again!!!