Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

[SOLVED] Execute SQL more queries

CharlieFirpoCharlieFirpo Member Posts: 48 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Dear all!

How can I execute more SQL queries with Execute SQL operator? If I edit query text and I use only one query, it works well. When I try to use two or more queries, I get an SQL syntay error message (Process Failed). The same queries work well when using MySQL Workbench. If I create a query file, the same problem occurs.
My queries:
UPDATE <table> SET <column1>='<value1>';
UPDATE <table> SET <column2>='<value2>';

If I use only the first (or only the second by itself), the query works. If I use two seperate Execute SQL operator, the queries work. Using in one, what the problem is?

Thank you trying to solve this!

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    This is a known problem. For your particular problem you may find the Update Database operator useful.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • RWingerterRWingerter Member Posts: 38 Contributor II
    As an alternative, you could use "Execute SQL" operator and its property "query file".

Roland
  • CharlieFirpoCharlieFirpo Member Posts: 48 Contributor II
    Thank you for your replies!!

1) Using a query file, the same problem occures.
    2) I have different WHERE conditions as well to my queries, so I think the Update Database operator is not good for me. At least I didn't find anything how to set conditions to modify an attribute with Update Database.

Now that I know it is a known problem, so not occures only in my case, I have the solution.
    So as I see, Execute SQL operator works well if there is only one query (and not two or more). So I tried to pack my queries in one using CASE WHEN... THEN... ELSE.
    And it worked!

Thank you again!!!