Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Authenticating exported web service in RA

srinisrini Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
When I try to post data to web service, I am getting the html code (login html code). Though I have authenticated and posted data, I am still getting the error.

Could you please tell us how should we authenticate the webservice exported in RA.

Please assist
Tagged:

Answers

• MacPhotoBikerMacPhotoBiker Member Posts: 60 Contributor II
    I'm also interested in this topic. I'd like to create web services that are are publicly accessible, but put them in wordpress on "login only" pages, this way I could simply use wordpress for login access, which would be amazing.
  • Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

exchange the /RA by /RAWS. /RA is only meant to be used by real people thus it is showing the login page whereas /RAWS allows you to log in with HTTP-Basic authentication.

Best,
    Nils
    Hi Nils,

thanks for your feedback. I did as you suggested and replaced "RA" by "RAWS" in the link, but now I get a 404 error:

HTTP Status 404 - /RAWS/faces/restricted/embed.xhtml
    type Status report
    message /RAWS/faces/restricted/embed.xhtml
    description The requested resource (/RAWS/faces/restricted/embed.xhtml) is not available.
    JBoss Web/3.0.0-CR1

Would you have an idea how this could be fixed?
  • Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

sorry I didn't read your post, just the first one. Your case is somehow different.
    You want to use the results of the Web service (e.g. a flash chart) in an iframe on your own page, right?
    But unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment without logging in to RapidAnalytics.

Best,
    Nils

Hi Nils,

thank you for clarifying.

Yes, I created a wordpress page on my website which contains like 20 different flash charts (the page is meant to be something like a dashboard: Sales, Number of customers, profits etc...)

When the page is first opened, all charts show only the login screen. I log into one and then reload the entire page, then all charts show up. However, I was hoping there'd be a way that the charts could be accessed publicly. If so, one could manage access control by using Wordpress or any other CMS.

Anyway, I do thank you for clarifying. If I'm not the only one with this "issue", maybe this could be considered for future versions? Maybe a checkbox in RapidAnalytics "Make public"?

But honestly, even with this little drawback, RapidMiner and RapidAnalytics are a Zillion times better than any other tool I've used so far!