Options

JAVA HEAP SPACE ERROR

seshadotcomseshadotcom Member Posts: 33 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello Folks,

I have been trying to run my rapidminer experiments in a 8 core Intel I7 system. I hardly try to fetch 304599 rows and I get a memory error as the following.

I have two questions : What is the max limit that could be processed via rapidminer, what is maximum amount of rows or columns or data that a FP growth can handle in rapidminer?

Please see the following error, We have also tried to increase the heap space but no luck

Jun 5, 2013 10:46:00 AM CONFIG: Connecting to
jdbc:mysql:
Jun 5, 2013 10:46:01 AM INFO: Executing query: 'select * from order_line_copy;'
Jun 5, 2013 11:11:34 AM SEVERE: Process failed: operator cannot be executed (Cannot
clone com.rapidminer.example.set.ModelViewExampleSet:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException. Target: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Java heap space. Cause: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.). Check the log
messages...
Jun 5, 2013 11:11:34 AM SEVERE: Here:           Process[1] (Process)
          subprocess 'Main Process'
            +- Transaction_Join1[1] (Read Database)
            +- Order_Header_Join1[1] (Read Database)
            +- Join_T_OH[1] (Join)
            +- Transaction_Join2[1] (Read Database)
            +- State_copy[1] (Read Database)
            +- Join_T_SC[1] (Join)
            +- Transaction_Copy_Join3[1] (Read Database)
            +- Order_Line_Copy[1] (Read Database)
            +- Join_T_OL[1] (Join)
            +- Join_T_SC_T_OL[1] (Join)
            +- Join T_OH_T_SC[1] (Join)
            +- Write CSV (2)[1] (Write CSV)
            +- Set Role[1] (Set Role)
            +- Select Attributes[1] (Select Attributes)
            +- Nominal to Binominal[1] (Nominal to Binominal)
      ==>   +- FP-Growth[1] (FP-Growth)
            +- Create Association Rules[0] (Create Association Rules)

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

it depends on the version of RapidMiner you are using. The 64-bit version should consume up to ~90% of the available memory by default (up to means it won't do so unless it needs to). The 32-bit version can only use ~1200MB of RAM. You can see the values by pressing "View" -> "Show View" -> "System Monitor". If for some reason the 64-bit version does not use as much RAM as possible, please try starting RapidMiner via the RapidMinerGUI.bat from the RapidMiner/scripts folder. Before you do so, edit the file with a text editor, set the MAX_JAVA_MEMORY to whatever you need and try again.

Regards,
    Marco