Options

Exporting rapidminer in other pcs

philophilo Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,
I have created a plugin for rapidminer using eclipse. The plugin uses some of the extensions like weka.
I tried to build the application ,copy it to another machine and then run it but the system is complaining that certains extensions are necessary .
I assume that this will work eventually, if I install manually rapidminer in the other pc, then download the plugins and finally copy the plugin into the lib/plugins folder.
But , I would like to ask if it is possible to make this work more simply.
For example, in the build.xml file there is an option to make a release for different platforms sush as win 32 or 65. So, I was wondering if it is  possible to install the application with all its plugins and extensions on another pc by  using this option  ?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

sorry for missing this post somehow.
    If you want to do that for development purposes, I can tell you that there is no "build all" target available, as every extension has its own project and a new version may or may not be released at the same time a new RapidMiner version is released. Also RapidMiner does not know about any of its extensions, so if you'd like to do something like that, you will have to create it yourself.
    This does however not apply to releasing your extension to the general public, in which case you cannot create an "all-in-one" package to release it.
    So if you want to release your extension to the general public, the best way to do so is our marketplace, where extensions can define dependencies so when a user wants to download it, he will be prompted to download the dependencies as well.
    Also please note that RapidMiner and our own extensions are currently released under the AGPL 3 license, so you need to make sure your extension is also licensed under the AGPL 3. If that is not possible/desirable, please contact us for an OEM license.

Regards,
    Marco