Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

[SOLVED] Cant join two tables

bzavalabzavala Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi! I want to make a join between two tables, but the result looks like there's any value in common in the key attribute.  I already checked that key attributes were of the same type (polynomial) and both are attributes. I dont know what else may be the problem. Thanks in advance.

This is my code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="6.4.000">
 <context>
   <input/>
   <output/>
   <macros/>
 </context>
 <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="6.4.000" expanded="true" name="Process">
   <process expanded="true">
     <operator activated="true" class="read_csv" compatibility="6.4.000" expanded="true" height="60" name="Read CSV (5)" width="90" x="45" y="75">
       <parameter key="csv_file" value="C:\Users\BI\Desktop\Beatriz\Cuantificacion quiebres\local 2029\Datos 2\2016.csv"/>
       <parameter key="column_separators" value=","/>
       <parameter key="first_row_as_names" value="false"/>
       <list key="annotations">
         <parameter key="0" value="Name"/>

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    For some reason the code seems to be chopped off on my end so I cant see the full process. 

However, are you definitely sure there are common matches between the attributes? 

There might be little things that make a difference between the examplesets for instance:
    Set 1Set 2
    helloHello
    hellohello
    In the cases above the word "hello" doesn't match with either of the polynominal values in Set 2. 
    • First because "Hello" contains a capital so isn't an exact match, use a Generate Attributes operator first with "lower(attName)"
    • Second because "hello " contains a sneaky trailing space which again means it's not an exact match, use a Trim operator to fix this.
    Does your data contain anything like this which would mean there are no matches? 
  • bzavalabzavala Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
    I applied trim operator to my tables and it worked!!! thanks you very much!!