Options

Unkonw value in distribution table in naive bayes model

cazevedocazevedo Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello  :)

I am conducting a study in which the use naive Bayes, and the goal is to get the model, specifically the table of conditional probabilities associated with each variable. However, in the table for each variable appears a class unknow, as the probability of that class. But my base does not contain missing vaues. What can be cause this and how correcting? Because it was not supposed to show that value, only the class values ​​for each variable.

I hope to help me,
Greetings!

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hey :)

Try to unset the parameter laplace_corrections in the Naive Bayes operator. Does that help?

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    cazevedocazevedo Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hey Marius  :)

I did what you said, however the class unknow still appears, but now all these probabilities associated with this class are zero.

Is there any possibility of this problem have to do with the data import for RapidMiner? I import my data into CSV file, and then in options I pass variables to nominal.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
    Cátia
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hey Cátia,

it is normal that the Naive Bayes model always shows this "unknown" category. You can safely ignore it if laplace correction are disabled. It has nothing to do with your input.

Best regards,
    Marius