Options

Report Generator

rfeigelrfeigel Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
For those of us who are HTML challenged, could someone please post a screenshot of how to link the generate report node and report node(s) to create a report? Just to test, I've tried to take a cvs data file and pass it to a report. No luck. I'm probably missing something obvious, Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Options
    CharlieFirpoCharlieFirpo Member Posts: 48 Contributor II
    Hi!

Try this:
    Generate Report operator + Report operator. The 'report name' parameter should be the same at Generate Report operator and Report operator as well. If it is not the same then nothing will be showed at the generated HTML report.
    At Generate Report operator you should set the 'html output directory' parameter.
    At Report operator you can set the 'report item header' parameter (not necessary), and you have to use the 'Configure Report' wizard to generate eg. a Scatter plot or a Histogram or a Data table or anything else.

Of course if you want to report anything from a CSV file then you have to connect it to the input of the Generate Report operator. Or better tot say to the input of the Report operator, because you can use as many Report operator with one Generate Report operator as you want. And every Report operator can work on different CSV files (or any type of allowed input files, like images, tables, etc.)

Good luck!
  • Options
    Charlie:

Thanks, but I still don't understand the exact link sequence of the Generate Report and Report processes, i.e. which of these do you directly link to the output of the analysis process or data?  In my simple example, do I link the Generate Report directly to the Read CSV process and then link the Report Process to the Generate Report process or vice versa?
  • Options
    Hi!

I would try this:
    Read CSV -> Generate Report -> Report
    But I think this would also work:
    Generate Report | Read CSV -> Report
    where Generate Report and Read CSV are not connected.

The important is that the 'report name' parameter should be the same at Generate Report operator and Report operator as well. It does not matter if they are not connected together.

The Generate Report operator always has to be before the Report operator. The Read CSV is independent from Generate Report op. but must be the input of the Report operator. Generate Rerpot generatest an empty report, Report oeprator generates its content (so the report must be generated earlier).

Try this!
  • Options
    Charlie:

I'm making some progress. As I described, I'm simply trying to create a PDF report from an input CSV file. I got it to write out, but rather than generating a PDF, its writing two files with the following extensions - properties and blob, neither of which makes much sense to me. Any additional thoughts? Thanks.
  • Options
    At Generate Report select the PDF format and set the output file path and name with the '.pdf' extension.
    At Report operator click on Configure Report and here select Data Table reportable type and Data View reportable view (and set the max row parameter to a high value: 10000000).

If it does not work, export your process and post it here please.