Options

Rapidminer server email setup

whitfawhitfa Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi there,

I'm having issues sending email from the server.  I am prompted for the smtp settings during installation, but I would like to continue trying different settings for the stmp host value.

Is there a file in the installation that holds the settings entered during installation that I can alter, rather than having to reinstall each time I want to try another value?

I have successfully sent email using thunderbird from within my hosted server, but I guess I need to keep trying in order to send via the RM server.

Also, on the 'system settings' page there is an option to send a test email (that doesn't yet work for me).  Will this use the same method as the 'Send Mail' operator from within the process itself?

thanks

Adrian
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

yes you can edit these settings after installation. If you're running RM Server 2.x, have a look at rapidminerserver/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml and search for "mail" and look for the <outbound-socket-binding ...> element. There you can edit the host value. For RM Server 1.x, you need to edit the rapidanalytics/server/default/deploy/mail-service.xml file.
    The email test in the webinterface will use the same settings as the 'Send Mail' operator.

Regards,
    Marco