Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

[Solved] Calculation of column sum

chrisniemchrisniem Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi All,

I would like to calculate the sum of all values in a row in a dataset while the number of columns can vary. It is a text mining case so that it is not possible to predict the exact number of columns generated by vector creation. I would like to generate a new attribute containing the sum value. the dataset could look like

term; text1; text2; text3
free; 2;3;1
mind; 4;2;8
suggest;3;1;1
telephone;1;0;6

the result should be

term; text1; text2; text3;sum of occ
free;2;3;1;6
mind;4;2;8;14
suggest;3;1;1;5
telephone;1;0;6;7

as I said, the count of texts can vary so as far as I understand it the Generate Attributes operater cannot do the job.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Best Answer

• chrisniemchrisniem Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Solution Accepted
    Yea, works. Thanks a lot!

Chris

Answers

• awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
    Hello Chris

The generate aggregation operator should be fine for this.

Set the attribute filter type parameter to "value_type", the value type parameter to "numeric" and the aggregation function to "sum" in order to make it only work on numeric attributes.

regards

Andrew