Options

excel columns

ctf1800ctf1800 Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I am trying to setup a excel spreadsheet that will only look in one column but go thru all the rows and find all the occurrences.
right now I have to use extract document and specify each row, is their something that will do all the rows?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,512 RM Data Scientist
    Hi ctf,

Why can't  you use Read Excel and use Filter Examples on it? Could you maybe post example data?

~Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    I want to capture all the words in the one column and count the occurrences of each word for every row in that one column

a cell may have several sentences in it. a filter is to specific to what word you put in.
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,512 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

read it with read excel, make the attribute  text and use process documents with tokenize and term occurrences should do the trick.

~Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    that worked thanks  now is there a way to sort by highest number descending, I tried sort but it looks to be sorting on the word and not by how many.
  • Options
    You can specifiy which attribute should be used for sorting in sort.

Have you used Wordlist to Data on the wordlist? That should be exactly the format you wanted.

~Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    I'm using read excel > processing doc from data if I put sort on after this it sorts the first word in the column,
    I want descending order of the occurrences.so that it will be that the largest count of a word is displayed.

this is how i fixed it, there must be easier way but this is what i did.
    added word list to data > write to csv > read to csv > sort (sort on the occurancts, desending)