Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Feature Requests for RapidMiner Server

JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
Now that RapidMiner Server 7.1 is released I'd like to put down a list of features I'd like to see included in a future release. 

Administration
  • Hide folders that the user does not have access to view. This means that if I login as 'user1' I do not see '/home/admin/' as in my repository view.  This will have a side benefit of being a visual check for permissions on apps.
  • Search function on repository.
Apps
  • Allow copying of App Components Between views.  (For example to copy a button placement with sizing, placement & image across each view in the App for consistency.)
  • Allow CSS for app size rather App width & height in pixels (also for components). This makes it much easier to design layouts for mobile.
  • Allow multiple outputs to be used for components for example to overlay two charts on top of each other. (See also next item)
  • Have HTML or JSON output of data which is available as a variable/macro to an 'Advanced' operator where it can be used within Raw HTML. Basically to alllow me to create the data output in a RapidMiner Studio process, but then write the HTML+D3 part in the RapidMiner Server component. This would make it much easier to edit, particularly when passing between the 'Data team' & the 'Visualization team' for larger projects.
  • Ability to upload files through a web app component.  Basically an 'Upload your file' here button useful for a scoring web app or an ETL process.
  • Set reports to open in Full Screen view with left navigation menu minimised.  Especially useful if accessing via weblink.
0 votes

Declined · Last Updated

no comments or votes in over a year - closing this idea for now. Please comment if still relevant.

Comments

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    +1 to all