Options

[SOLVED]How to add operator for rapidminer

wujiangwujiang Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello, everyone

Thanks for reading my question. I am doing a project with Rapidminer, I have to add a new algorithm as a operator in Papidminer, I'm just a beginner,I have been read some docs about this,but I still don't know how to do it, so I need your help to give some solutions.

What I know now, we have two solutions to add or change a operator

1. clic right button on a operator which exist already in rapidminer's operators.
2. import rapidminer project in Eclipse
But, I just download rapidminer, I didn't found the operation 'edit source code' when I clic right button on a operator.

And if I import the project, Whether I have to import the whole project on github? or I just need import some jars.

Once I finish my 'operator', I just need to export the jar of my 'perator' and put it in the folder of 'plugin' in the location of installation rapidminer? If just like what I say, It will be not easy for debug...?

Please give me some suggestions about my project as you can. Thank you very much.

Jiang
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

to add your own operator(s) to RapidMiner you need to create your own extension.
    When you build it via the build.xml, you can start RapidMiner from your IDE and it should find the extension straight away. That way you can also debug from within your IDE.

Regards,
    Marco